Re: Debian Installer Buster RC 1 release

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 10:47:40PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> This release includes Secure Boot support on amd64, which should work
> out of the box on most Secure Boot enabled machines. This means there
> should be no need to disable Secure Boot support in the firmware
> configuration anymore.

I have this little HP EliteDesk 705 G2 Desktop Mini and trying to boot
the RC1 installer[1] from usb stick with Secure Boot enabled:

 1) d-i boot menu appears (in the past - alpha3 - even this step failed
    on this machine something along "no bootloader found")

 2) no matter which option I choose (Graphical install, Advanced, ...)
    the following error appears:

    error: /install.amd/vmlinuz has invalid signature.
    error: you need to load the kernel first.

    Press any key to continue

The usb stick seems to be created correctly as installation on my
other machine (although no Secure Boot there) works as expected.

--
Miroslav Kure

[1] https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/buster_di_rc1/amd64/iso-cd/debian-buster-DI-rc1-amd64-netinst.iso