Re: Unnecessary "fuzzying" of D-I translations in Weblate

Hi,

Sveinn í Felli <sv1@fellsnet.is> wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago, a bunch (~hundred) of already translated strings
> in the Weblate instance at
> <https://hosted.weblate.org/languages/is/debian-installer/>, it seems
> that all/most other languages are affected too.
>
> These strings are said to have failed some tests, almost always the
> complaint is that original string and translation is the same.
> For my language it's quite normal that many sources and translations are
> identical, and then there are strings like "SCSI%s (%s,%s,%s) (%s)".
>
> This is either due to something like a re-upload of source strings, or
> (more likely), an upgrade of the Weblate system.

I assume you are right: I think it was some sort of an upgrade of the system
which caused what you are seeing.

There have been several source string re-uploads, for sure, but I don't
expect that being the reason, as you suspected.

> My points are; I've already been through this at least once, it's quite
> clumsy and laborious in the web-interface to go through each string and
> switch off the failing test tag, and not least: sometimes it's not even
> possible to switch off the failing test tag.
>
> Is there someone who could take a look at this or talk to the Weblate-folks?

I took this mail as inspiration to look into the Weblate documentation for
this, and I found how to disable this specific check ("Unchanged translation").

This check is a source for many false-positives (for this project), and thus
I have disabled it now, so it is no longer performed for this project :-)

Making Icelandic 100% OK! (and also several other languages.)

Hope this helps ;-)

Thanks for the trigger!

Regards
Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076