Collecting Wayland issues [Was: default desktop]

Hello,

Could people raise the issues they have had when trying Wayland?

Jeremy Bicha, le sam. 09 févr. 2019 08:38:29 -0500, a ecrit:
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 8:36 AM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> > > Ok, then you need to discuss this with the rest of the Debian GNOME
> > > team. I suggest the debian-gtk-gnome list. (And I think it would have
> > > been more polite to talk to them before talking to the tasksel team.)
> > >
> > > It's a bit late to be talking about reverting Wayland by default for
> > > everyone since this has been enabled for Testing since soon after the
> > > Stretch release.
> >
> > Well, actually, personally I realized that gnome switched to wayland in
> > Debian only recently.  I believe most of debian-accessibility@ is in the
> > same situation, so this is mostly untested, and for instance
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-accessibility/2019/01/msg00014.html
> > needs to be fixed to have gtk2 applications accessible.
> >
> > As you say, it's now too late for doing much changes in gnome anyway.
>
> I said only "a bit late", but there is still time to make this change
> if necessary. If there are significant problems with GNOME on Wayland
> that the Debian GNOME team may have been unaware of, please let them
> know promptly.

Well, it's not really about GNOME (though there are GNOME-only issues
such as Gnome Settings), but Wayland in general. I started collecting
what I'm aware of on

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Accessibility/Wayland/

https://lists.debian.org/debian-accessibility/2019/01/msg00014.html
can probably be easy to fix, I just don't know where packages are
supposed to define environment variables for Wayland sessions.

Samuel