Re: LUKS bugreports to be closed (house-cleaning)

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2019 schrieb Ben Hutchings:
> On Sat, 2019-01-26 at 22:35 +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > since LUKS is no longer supported by d-i, all LUKS related bugreports against
> > d-i packages can be closed, right?
>
> I don't know what makes you think that.  LUKS is precisely what is used
> for disk encryption.

Uhh, seems I mixed things up here.
At some point in the past the d-i supported two encryption
systems; then one was dropped and now only dm-crypt is
supported.
Somehow I came to the conclusion that LUKS is thus no longer
supported. But it's loop-aes which was dropped.
LUKS is in fact another story (an 'add-on' of dm-crypt).

Thanks for the heads-up
and sorry for the noise

Holger

--