Re: debootstrap: [idea] force review before commit to master

On 2018-05-16 09:55, Hideki Yamane wrote:
While I had fixed some bug reports and added some bugs ;) in debootstrap,
 I want to reduce regressions by using Merge Request feature of GitLab.

 - Go "Repository Settings" page
   → set master branch as "Allowed to push" to "no one"
 - Then, all pushes are not allowed directly, it is treated as Merge
   Request and needs review by someone (anyway, probably you can do
   self review)

Any comments? If there's no objection, I'll set it to debootstrap repo.

I think what would be useful is coming up with a bunch of test cases and adding them to Gitlab's CI feature.

Personally I think that for changes you are not sure about, you propose the merge request and assign it to a reviewer. This might or might not require some liberal adding of reviewers to the project, though. I know Debian doesn't usually roll on code reviews, but of course I don't disagree that they would be useful. But I don't think the solution is "allow to push" -> "no one". Gitlab doesn't stop you from doing the reviews anyway even if that's not set.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern