Re: D-I Internals manual -- and Installation-guide

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> (2018-07-15):
> > Another one:
> >
> > I have worked to get statistics back for the installation-guide, too.
> > There used to be a page on alioth for this, and now I think it would
> > make sense to have that under https://d-i.debian.org/manual/.
>
> Definitely! I haven't managed to solve that in years…
>
> > Under that URL, the old statistics page from alioth is now online
> > (while some data is still missing; a new full build run is just
> > running).
> >
> > As a consequence, I have disabled a cron entry
> >
> > 0 23 * * * cd $DI/installation-guide && git pull ; cd build && destination=$WWW/manual ./build.sh >/dev/null ; ~/bin/push-www
> >
> > which built the installation-guide daily in the past.
> >
> > Do you still want such cron job? It builds the whole manual, no matter
> > what has changed. On the contrary, the manual-daily job only builds
> > those languages, which received changings.
>
> Incremental looks good to me, this should heavily decrease time spent
> there on dillon. The only downside I can think of is that we might only
> discover issues when performing the installation-guide upload in case
> there are corner cases that incremental builds wouldn't have helped
> uncover.
>
> I'm not sure such corner cases are particularly likely, so I'd go for
> incremental without second thoughts. If issues do pop up, we can adjust.

Ok, so I will go ahead with this incremental way.
(We can always trigger a full build by hand if needed, of course.
Let's say in preparation for a release.)

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.1 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   9   " S T R E T C H " .