Re: D-I Internals manual -- and Installation-guide

Hi,

Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> (2018-07-15):
> Another one:
>
> I have worked to get statistics back for the installation-guide, too.
> There used to be a page on alioth for this, and now I think it would
> make sense to have that under https://d-i.debian.org/manual/.

Definitely! I haven't managed to solve that in years…

> Under that URL, the old statistics page from alioth is now online
> (while some data is still missing; a new full build run is just
> running).
>
> As a consequence, I have disabled a cron entry
>
> 0 23 * * * cd $DI/installation-guide && git pull ; cd build && destination=$WWW/manual ./build.sh >/dev/null ; ~/bin/push-www
>
> which built the installation-guide daily in the past.
>
> Do you still want such cron job? It builds the whole manual, no matter
> what has changed. On the contrary, the manual-daily job only builds
> those languages, which received changings.

Incremental looks good to me, this should heavily decrease time spent
there on dillon. The only downside I can think of is that we might only
discover issues when performing the installation-guide upload in case
there are corner cases that incremental builds wouldn't have helped
uncover.

I'm not sure such corner cases are particularly likely, so I'd go for
incremental without second thoughts. If issues do pop up, we can adjust.

Thanks for taking care of the documentation, that's really appreciated.
(I've seen all bug mails lately, that's impressive.)

Cheers,