Re: Include the mini.iso in the debian-installer-*-netboot-* packages?

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 05:09:07PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> (2018-06-26):
> > For some reason, the netboot installer packages do not contain the
> > mini.iso files. This is explicitly filtered out by way of a "grep -v
> > mini.iso", which "git blame" tells me has always been the case.
> > Anyone know (or remember) why that is so? I think that having .iso files
> > on a VM host that are auto-updated as the host is updated can be useful,
> > and so would like to instead see them be part of the installable
> > installer netboot packages.
>
> Tried git blame? (Hint: That's the initial code.)

Yes :-)

> Anyway: no specific opinion on whether shipping (sometimes multiple)
> mini.iso is a good idea. Open a wishlist bug report against dini source
> and see what regular dini contributors think about this?

I thought that to ask it here would be equivalent, but meh, can do that
too. Bug filed (you'll see it pass by soon enough I'm sure).

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab