Re: unblock: ca-certificates/20180409

Hi Michael,

Michael Shuler <michael@pbandjelly.org> (2018-06-11):
> ca-certificates-udeb is blocked.
>
> Please unblock the package ca-certificates to transition to testing.
>
> We just downgraded the severity of a bug, since openssl was updated to
> fix an issue with the processing of CA certificates[0], in order to
> allow ca-certificates to transition to testing. The bug is intended to
> be closed after testing transition, just to be sure all is well, since
> the fix was really in openssl.
>
> It appears that ca-certificates is now blocked due to udebs being
> frozen[1], as noted a couple days ago on d-d-announce (thank you for
> this note!).

ca-certificates-udeb is used during a debian-installer build, so it
should be fine to unblock it now that the debian-installer upload and
builds have happened, while we're building and checking installation
images.

It seems the block-udeb isn't the only blocker though:
    Migration status: BLOCKED: Rejected/introduces a regression
    Updating ca-certificates introduces new bugs: #895482

and I see no severity downgrade in that bug report?

Also, I should have mentioned this in my dda@ mail I suppose:
    63 days old (needed 5 days)

If a given package has spent that much time out of testing, it probably
can wait a few days while we're going through the late stages of the d-i
release process. It should only be a matter of days or hours now. ;)

I'll get back to your package later if we spot any issues that would
need to be addressed before we release; or it's going to be unblocked
automatically when I unfreeze udebs.

And thanks for following the process. :)

Cheers,