[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Scheduling 9.5

Hi Salvatore,

Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org> (2018-06-05):
> On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 10:49:46PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > I don't think we have any pending ABI bump for linux (this time), and
> > the stretch branch in debian-installer.git seems quiet, so binNMUing d-i
> > might be sufficient. I might have missed pu requests for d-i components
> > though, but hopefully debian-boot@ will correct me if I'm wrong on this.
> Adding Kernel team list explicitly to the loop only for this later
> part, dropping other recipients which might not be interested for this
> reply specifically.
> Currently we are cherry-picking secrutiy fixes in our
> stretch-security branch. In parallel there is work on the stretch
> branch to update to a newer 4.9.x stable release and to have it
> included in the next point release. Now if the later turns out to be
> the case earlier than any DSA, then there will actually likely be a
> ABI bump for the kernel (the update will be at least up to 4.9.102 and
> there are too many ABI changes as they would be possible to avoid).
> Context: https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/merge_requests/30

Many thanks for the heads-up. I'll be on the lookout for a possible
late ABI bump then. Feel free to poke me when that gets accepted into
p-u so that I can adjust our git branch and perform a few build and
runtime tests.

Cyril Brulebois (kibi@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>
D-I release manager -- Release team member -- Freelance Consultant

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply to: