[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Scheduling 9.5

Hi Cyril,

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 10:49:46PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Heya,
> Jonathan Wiltshire <jmw@debian.org> (2018-05-14):
> > We're due a point release any day now. Please indicate your
> > availablility out of:
> > 
> >  - May 26th (meaning freeze this coming weekend, which might be a big
> >    ask)
> >  - Jun 2nd (which may require an unusual SRM)
> >  - Jun 9th (getting quite a way out of cadence, but maybe that can't
> >    be helped)
> I'm fine with any pick.
> I don't think we have any pending ABI bump for linux (this time), and
> the stretch branch in debian-installer.git seems quiet, so binNMUing d-i
> might be sufficient. I might have missed pu requests for d-i components
> though, but hopefully debian-boot@ will correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Adding Kernel team list explicitly to the loop only for this later
part, dropping other recipients which might not be interested for this
reply specifically.

Currently we are cherry-picking secrutiy fixes in our
stretch-security branch. In parallel there is work on the stretch
branch to update to a newer 4.9.x stable release and to have it
included in the next point release. Now if the later turns out to be
the case earlier than any DSA, then there will actually likely be a
ABI bump for the kernel (the update will be at least up to 4.9.102 and
there are too many ABI changes as they would be possible to avoid).

Context: https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/merge_requests/30


Reply to: