Re: Salsa

On Sun, 2018-05-06 at 01:43 +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> OK, so I've tried --aggressive too now, and wow does it make a big
> difference.

AIUI amongst other things --aggressive forces a full repack of the
repo, which optimises the delta compression in the pack files. You
could probably achieve most of the effect with `git repack`. It's
probably diminishing returns at this point but there are options there
to make it spend (lots) more time/memory to make things even smaller.

>  I've tried using it on the d-i.git and d-i-manual.git
> repos and the difference is *huge*:
>
> # test2, previous results:
> $ du -s test*
> 613888  test1-bare.git