Re: (solved) Re: wireless fail after stretch installation

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com> writes:

> Many ways exist to solve this problem and it took a while to find out
> what to do and how because there's more and better support from
> debian-users than is in debian wiki

If you can see a way to improve the information on the wiki, please go
ahead and do so -- that's what wikis are for, after all.

> or debian documentation.

We also have a bug tracker, and patches are generally welcome.

> I had learned how to do this earlier but apparently an individual
> known as longwind from China ran into this problem after I had learned
> to solve it on this end and the original message I read from Brian had
> a solution I hadn't read earlier and hadn't tried yet which involved
> far fewer steps.  Fortunately I have a hard drive available so I will
> try Brian's solution out on this end and see how it works.

Contributions can take a while to get incorporated, but if you come up
with an improvement for the documentation and/or the code (assuming that
it doesn't break things elsewhere) it will generally get used.

Please take notes during your testing, and try to find a way to use your
findings that will help people bumping into the same issue in future.

> Thanks for your assistance and interest.

Thank you for your future contributuons :-)

Cheers, Phil.