Re: (solved) Re: wireless fail after stretch installation

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com> writes:

> The least debian-boot membership could do would be to have a note come
> up for installers to execute a shell and do the file copy before
> rebooting once hard drive got mounted.  This is a problem for wifi users
> with no impact for ethernet users.

Your tone does not encourage a civil response, but you're going to get
one anyway I'm afraid.

Since you didn't bother to say what you are complaining about in any
useful way, I thought I'd look at the first post in the first thread
referred to in the mail from Brian, which is about the fact that
desktop-configured wifi connections don't come up until someone logs in.

Given that one has generally specified the wifi password as the user in
the desktop environment, or at least indicated the fact that you want to
connect to that network, it would be inappropriate for the wifi to come
up earlier, because that might allow other users on the machine to
access a network that was intended to be private.

There is generally an option available in network manager that allows
one to indicate that the connection should be made available to others.
Ticking that box should make it come up at boot time AFAIK.

This seems to have very little to do with the installer.

Cheers, Phil.