Re: Boot Order

On Fri, 2018-02-23 at 22:18 -0500, Dan Norton wrote:
> Installing either stretch or buster via netinst results in changes to
> the bios menu. Under "UEFI Boot Sources" the term "Hard Drive" is
> replaced with "debian" and this entry is put first in the boot order.
>
> The PC is:
> Hewlett-Packard HP Pro 3400 Series MT/2ABF, BIOS 7.16 03/23/2012
>
> Please tell me the justification for putting "debian" in the menu and
> having it boot first, ahead of CD/DVD/USB. Thanks.

If there are multiple bootable operating systems on local hard drives,
I think the installer sets Debian to be higher priority than the other
operating systems.

But as far as I am aware, the relative priority of boot entries on
removable vs hard drives is solely controlled by the BIOS/UEFI
firmware.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.