Re: Boot Order

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:18:00PM -0500, Dan Norton wrote:
> Installing either stretch or buster via netinst results in changes to
> the bios menu. Under "UEFI Boot Sources" the term "Hard Drive" is
> replaced with "debian" and this entry is put first in the boot order.
>
> The PC is:
> Hewlett-Packard HP Pro 3400 Series MT/2ABF, BIOS 7.16 03/23/2012
>
> Please tell me the justification for putting "debian" in the menu and
> having it boot first, ahead of CD/DVD/USB. Thanks.

Preamble: this mailinglist is about software development of the installer

The idea of an install is to get the computer working with that installation.

What I understand from the "Please tell me" request, is that goal accomplished.

But I also recieve a "It is not optimal for original poster".
My advice to OP: Take some time to write down your optimum.

See also http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--