Re: network-console DEBIAN_FRONTEND?

On 1/19/2018 11:35 PM, Jack Bates wrote:
Thanks for your help, but when I boot with DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text, it affects only the *local* console ... In other words, when I boot with "DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text modules=network-console", the local console does display the text frontend, but when I ssh in, I still get the default frontend (newt).

How do I choose the network-console frontend?

It's not realy an answer (sorry).

I tryed the following to no avail:

$ export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text
$ ssh installer@<ip|hostname> -o SendEnv=DEBIAN_FRONTEND

Shell prompt in the installer:
- Exporting DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text
- There are no file related to ssh that I can find.

From what I gather online you might have more chances with the following (untested):

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/apbs03.html.en

Please let me know if you find a way to get the frontend as text when installing Debian using ssh.

P.S. You might be better of asking on debian-user! :)

--
John Doe