Re: network-console DEBIAN_FRONTEND?

On 1/19/2018 5:44 PM, Jack Bates wrote:
How do you set the network-console DEBIAN_FRONTEND?

When I boot the installer with modules=network-console and ssh in, I get the default frontend (newt). How do I switch to DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text?

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch05s03.html.en

"DEBIAN_FRONTEND
This boot parameter controls the type of user interface used for the installer. The current possible parameter settings are:
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=newt
DEBIAN_FRONTEND=gtk
The default frontend is DEBIAN_FRONTEND=newt. DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text may be preferable for serial console installs. Some specialized types of install media may only offer a limited selection of frontends, but the newt and text frontends are available on most default install media. On architectures that support it, the graphical installer uses the gtk frontend."

EG:

boot install DEBIAN_FRONTEND=text

--
John Doe