Re: User Build Question

On 01/14/2018 07:59 AM, Craig Block wrote:
Hello debian-boot subscribers,

I'm doing a personalized cdrom build of debian-installer using the 8.10 dist on i386.  I have a small issue.  I'm adding all the udebs normally retrieved from the pool by appending them to the base file in the packages directory.  This is so I can make a minimal base installation image without manually adding the fairly large number of udebs normally retrieved from the pool.  It also has the benefit of speeding up the installation.  All works fine, but debian-installer insists on retrieving the libc6-udeb package from the pool.  That one udeb has to be there so debian-installer doesn't abort.  Is there some way I can fix that?

I have in mind a similar project.
Although there is much on the web about custom Install CD's; the pages always assume the reader has the same background as author. It leaves me confused.

I'd love to see a write-up at the project level. That is not just a recipe, but including the goal of the project and reasoning behind choices made at significant milestones.

I wish to end up with a personalized build of debian-installer.
Note Bene: The total absence of mention cdrom or anything ISO9660 related.

Think of a world where the cost of blank 64 GB flash drives was similar to blank DVDs. I don't expect that to happen, but personally a cost/benefit ratio would strongly favor the flash drive.

TIA