User Build Question

Hello debian-boot subscribers,

I'm doing a personalized cdrom build of debian-installer using the 8.10 dist on i386.  I have a small issue.  I'm adding all the udebs normally retrieved from the pool by appending them to the base file in the packages directory.  This is so I can make a minimal base installation image without manually adding the fairly large number of udebs normally retrieved from the pool.  It also has the benefit of speeding up the installation.  All works fine, but debian-installer insists on retrieving the libc6-udeb package from the pool.  That one udeb has to be there so debian-installer doesn't abort.  Is there some way I can fix that?