Re: Permission to commit and upload?

[ Colin, there's a review request for you in there ]

Hello Cyril,

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> (2017-10-09):
> > (feel free to cc me so that I see your answer sooner)
> >
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I have a few pending patches that I'd like to commit and upload... but
> > since I'm only an occasional d-i contributor, I would like to double
> > check that nobody has any objection.
> >
> > My current list is:
> > - #868848: debian-installer-utils
> > - #868852: debian-installer: hd-media images
> > - #868859: iso-scan and LVM
> > - #868900: iso-scan: should be able to copy the ISO into RAM before mount
> > - #875858: integrate unattended-upgrades in pkgsel
> >
> > The first four bugs are closely related (the first two are dependencies of
> > the third) as they allow hd-media images to find an ISO image to use
> > within a logical volume.
>
> I really want someone who's worked with the ISO/hd-media codepath in the
> past to double check these. Earlier attempts at forcing these features
> onto us weren't convincing, to say the least.

So I pushed and uploaded pkgsel 0.46 for #875858. For the remaining four
bugs, I have nothing against a review but I hope it does not end up
being stalled because nobody wants to review those changes. It's not clear
to me who is that person. In the iso-scan changelog, you are the last
non-translation committer and before that it was Otavio Salvador/Colin
Watson in 2012... in the hd-media image definition, many people committed
fixes for changes to udeb but I see no clear owner of that image either.

Colin, could you review the patches I sent in the above bug reports and
let me know if you think they are suitable to be committed ? You made
similar changes to mine in debian-installer-utils and you have a broad
knowledge of debian-installer.

Thank you in advance.

PS: Cyril, can you point me to the earlier attempts for these features?
Maybe I can double check that I did not fall in the problems that were
spotted earlier...
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer