Codex

Hi,
Both myself and a friend have installed Debian 8.6 and 8.7 respectively. We are both familiar with Ubuntu and Linux, and the use of terminal commands for same. We have spent days trying install DVD codex following the helpful advice from Debian sources, using both root and the package installer to no avail. I suspect its operator error but thought I should ask if codex for DVD playing is not permitted at present for Debian.

Thank you for taking the time to point us both in the right direction regards this very minor issue.

Peter Morrissey.