Re: d-i manual: 3 "jessie" remain in current guide

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 12:21:01AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>Hello Steve,
>
>Steve McIntyre, on dim. 09 avril 2017 01:53:01 +0100, wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 08, 2017 at 05:39:20PM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
>> >So, unless it's implemented outside of the device-tree, or I'm
>> >misreading that, I'd say it's safe to say it's still disabled.
>>
>> On the Mustang, you need to be using the firmware-provided
>> DTB. Assuming a sane, recent UEFI firmware things USB boot should work
>> just fine. I got it working for the first Jessie point release too,
>> after doing a temporary build in
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/arm64-mustang/ .
>>
>> I've not tested a stretch installation directly on a Mustang
>> lately. The machine I used for the jessie testing has since been
>> repurposed as a buildd. I'll see if I can access to test another.
>
>Did you manage to have a look?

I've just (now!) got access to a mustang and happily booted the
stretch installer. The installer found USB, loaded udebs, modules,
etc. All working fine, at least to that point. I couldn't test a
*complete* installation on this machine, but I'd fully expect the rest
of the process to work.

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
 English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on
 occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
 unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."  -- James D. Nicoll