Re: d-i manual: 3 "jessie" remain in current guide

On 2017-04-08, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> We need an answer, so as to update the documentation: is USB still not
> supported in the stretch kernel on arm64?
>
> victory, on Mon 30 Jan 2017 21:53:52 +0900, wrote:
>> boot-installer/arm.xml:108-
>>       ... Also USB is not supported in the jessie kernel so
>>       installing from a USB stick does not work. ...

This apparently is referring to apm-mustang rather than arm64 in
general...

I don't much about that platform, but there doesn't appear to be any
mention of enabled USB in arch/arm64/boot/dts/apm/apm-mustang.dts in
linux 4.9.x. There's mention of it in the apm-storm.dtsi which it
includes, but it's marked as disabled there.

So, unless it's implemented outside of the device-tree, or I'm
misreading that, I'd say it's safe to say it's still disabled.

live well,
  vagrant