Re: Install on Orange Pi Plus eMMC work but no reboot

On Thu, 2016-10-06 at 16:53 -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 12:29:13PM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> > To make matters more complicated, there are definitely some boards
> > (Firefly, maybe BeagleBoard-X15) which can install the OS to eMMC,
> > but
> > u-boot still has to be loaded from SD card. I don't think we have
> > much
> > information on which boards those are. It may also vary from one u-
> > boot
> > version to the next...
>

> The BeagleBoard X15 has jumper settings to boot:
>
> SD if present, otherwise eMMC
> UART
> SATA if present otherwise SD
>
> I know the CPU for eMMC boot will boot u-boot from partition 1 with a
> given filename from either FAT or EXT2 filesystem, with either MBR or
> GPT partition table.  It will also boot from eMMC boot area.  I am
> not sure which one the X15 happens to be supporting when they say boot
> from eMMC.

Is that actually controlled by straps, though?  For the TI SoC I've
been working with recently, when the boot device is set to eMMC the ROM
code will look for the SPL in:

1. boot area
2. fixed offsets in main area
3. file named 'MLO' in first partition (MBR, FAT)

in that order.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Every program is either trivial or else contains at least one bug