Re: Install on Orange Pi Plus eMMC work but no reboot

On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 12:29:13PM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> To make matters more complicated, there are definitely some boards
> (Firefly, maybe BeagleBoard-X15) which can install the OS to eMMC, but
> u-boot still has to be loaded from SD card. I don't think we have much
> information on which boards those are. It may also vary from one u-boot
> version to the next...

The BeagleBoard X15 has jumper settings to boot:

SD if present, otherwise eMMC
UART
SATA if present otherwise SD

I know the CPU for eMMC boot will boot u-boot from partition 1 with a
given filename from either FAT or EXT2 filesystem, with either MBR or
GPT partition table.  It will also boot from eMMC boot area.  I am
not sure which one the X15 happens to be supporting when they say boot
from eMMC.

Seems the jumpers are not installed howefver, and it would take soldering
work to make it do anything other than the first option.

--
Len Sorensen