Re: Should apt-transport-https be Priority: Important ? (Re: own cloud task in tasksel?)

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 9:26 PM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 10:34:14PM +0800, James Bromberger a écrit :
>>
>> No, not using any cml line params. My manifets has:
>>   install:
>>   - awscli
>>   - python-boto
>>   - python3-boto
>>   - apt-transport-https
> [...]
>
> Hi again James and everybody,
>
> With the worldwide effort of using HTTPS everywhere, I wonder if
> apt-transport-https shouldn't be installed by default anyway on systems with
> network connectivity, that is, its priority should be Important.  What do
> people think about this ?  Would it make sense to raise the question on
> debian-devel ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Charles

Charles,

If you think this makes sense, I'd raise it on debian-devel, and move
the debate there.

Going to all https is a worthy goal, especially now that Let's
Encrypt has been launched.

-Brian

P.S. - I am in favor of your proposal.