Re: flash-kernel: arm64 doesn't have bootz

* Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> [2016-07-30 17:14]:
> At that point, we might want to look into some sort of templating; on
> several of the platforms it could basically re-use most of
> uboot-generic, by setting compatibility variables for the old
> versions.
>
> With the recent odroid bootscript, I cut-and-pasted u-boot-generic into
> it, adding some compatibility variables at the top, but the bulk of the
> logic is identical.

I think I have a board like this, too.  I cannot assume that users
have access to u-boot to set environments and I believe some variables
are missing.

I see that you added some specific bootscripts to flash-kernel.

But I wonder if it would make sense instead to do that templating in
d-i: have one generic boot script and then prepend some board specific
code where needed to set (and save) the variables.  This way, we make
sure the variables are set.  As a side effect, flash-kernel could use
one single boot script for all (or most) devices.

What do you think?

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/