Re: Stretch Alpha 5 netinst images "broken"

Evgeni Golov <evgeni@debian.org> (2016-05-10):
> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 09:37:04AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 10:57:10AM +0200, Evgeni Golov wrote:
> > > [2] https://img5.picload.org/image/rgodplwp/virtualbox_debiantesting_10_05.png
> >
> > FWIW this can be worked around just as indicated in the screenshot:
> >
> > - change into a shell
> > - chroot into /target
> > - apt-get install -f
> > - leave shell
> > - continue installation.

This is more than cumbersome.

> Sure, or by just using the daily image :-)
>
> It's just that as a mere user¹ who wants to try Stretch, I expect the
> image linked on the page to work without hacks.
>
> Cheers
> Evgeni
>
> ¹: the above issue was reported to me by a friend who wanted to try
> something quick and did not expect to have to solve dependency issues in
> testing.

ISTR the website and/or the wiki had instructions being toggled
depending on the current state of daily builds. Over the past few years,
the last release has been mostly working fine (I might misremember
because shitty memory), so I haven't looked into this kind of toggling.

Instead of doing that right now, I'd rather concentrate on releasing,
and then on keeping/restoring the release pace to the level we've been
maintaining over the past few years. The pain for users should stop in a
few days at most.

KiBi.