Re: "No kernel modules were found" during sid installation attempt (amd64)

Thank you, Roger, I'll take a look at it later and let you know how it went. I actually tried to install stretch with the same installer version but got the same problem.

Erratum: ...the kernel related packages say... (I think there was an "s" that shouldn't be there in the first message).

On 29 April 2016 at 12:00, Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 11:30 PM, Renato Bispo <renato.bispo@usp.br> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While trying to install Debian Unstable from a USB stick with the mini.iso
> from
> debian/dists/unstable/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/mini.iso,
> as indicated by the InstallFAQ, the installer gives the following message:
>
> No kernel modules were found. This probably is due to a mismatch between the
> kernel used by this version of the installer and the kernel version
> available in the archive.
>
> I've searched for this problem and found a similar situation (it's from 2014
> and related to the Testing version at that time):
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=749991.
>
> Running dmesg with the installer started, I see Linux version 4.3.0-1-amd64.
> However, looking at the Packages list from
> debian/dists/unstable/main/debian-installer/binary-amd64/Packages.gz, the
> kernel related packages says Kernel-Version: 4.5.0-1-amd64.
>
> This is my first interaction with the Debian community, so I wasn't sure if
> I should report a bug on this and decided to contact you through this
> mailing list.

d-i alpha was built on Jan, which latest kernel at that time was 4.3
so you use it to install stretch (by default, except you choose
advanced), and currently latest kernel is 4.5

I suggest you to try d-i daily: https://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/

--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 17B3ACB1