Use newer debian installer with old distro

I have a need to install debian squeeze (yes, I know, it's old, unsupported etc.  My hands are tied (for the moment)).

The system I am installing on has some nice new shiny hardware, the 3.2 kernel from backports seems to support this hardware just fine.  But the Debian-Installer is 2.6.32.

If I simply pull stable/installer-amd64/****/linux and initrd.gz and set mirror/udeb/suite=stable then I get an error about libc6-udeb not being found.

<pulling hair out>
Even then I am not entirely sure if the modules are available in the initrd.  I am looking for vmxnet3 for some hosts, isci, megaraid_sas, mpt2sas and mtp3sas.  To get those into debian installer I have gone the road of extracting them from a regular 2.6.32 kernel deb and putting them in a cpio archive.  Then in pxelinux.cfg INITRD initrd.gz,initrd-overlay.gz.  Pxelinux simply concatenates the two files in memory and then kernel happily goes about extracting them in to the ramdisk.  BUT, megaraid_sas in 2.6.32 doesn't know about my hardware!!!
</pulling hair out>

Is there a way I can _easily_ get a new kernel into debian-installer.  Bearing in mind that I normally use on Fedora.  So apt-get install debian-installer, make etc, even in a chroot, is tedious.

Please help,
-Alan