Re: Archive changes

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 10:26:25AM +0100, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:

> debootstrap already requires xz support: the binary packages are
> compressed with xz (at least data.tar.xz).

Ahh, this is a fair point, since we failed to make everything in the
debootstrap set compressed with gzip (which I think was a goal at one
point, but a goal we clearly failed to meet).

In that case, I have no qualms about adding Packages.xz support to it
as well, and updating stable/oldstable as well, so people can use it
to debootstrap sid chroots.

If no one beats me to it, I'll at least do the sid commits and upload
a bit $later, and maybe get to the stables as well.

... Adam