Bug#816682: live-installer: Inaccessible utility
*** Reporter, please consider answering these questions, where appropriate ***
* What led up to the situation?
I run the ;iveCD, with MATE flavour. Then I run the installer from the desktop
* What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
Just run orca, the screen reader. It will speak, in gnome and MATE flavours.
For instance, move on the desktop with arrow keys, you'll have the icons
* What was the outcome of this action?
Once run, nothing happens. Orca stays quite. Doesn't read any widget.
* What outcome did you expect instead?
Should speak. Indeed:
- the installer is GTK-based;
- the accessibility stack is here, as the desktop is running;
- Orca, at-spi, etc are running.
So probably a "pipe" issue.
*** End of the template - remove these template lines ***
-- System Information:
Debian Release: stretch/sid
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386
Kernel: Linux 4.3.0-1-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)