Re: What's the deal with discover*? (was: Processed: pending since 2013?)

Hi,

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@debian.org> (2016-01-10):
> Aha.  They live in the same svn repository.  I just commited these links
> to discover/debian/control:
>
>   Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-discover/discover/trunk
>   Vcs-Browser: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-discover/discover/trunk/

I don't understand why the maintainer is said to be debian-boot@ if the
code is in svn, rather than git; and under the pkg-discover group,
rather than the d-i one…

> > It's probably a good idea to consider such a move, but I'd rather
> > concentrate on updating discover* for the non-free/firmware thing
> > first.
>
> What does the "non-free/firmware thing" mean?  Perhaps I can help to fix
> it?  Is the problem better solved by isenkram?

See https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/01/msg00352.html

Given your previous mail, I doubt isenkram is going to help.

> > I'm making a note locally (but my to do list is ever-growing), but
> > feel free to file a bug report against src:debian-installer or
> > d-i.debian.org (where I keep infrastructure-related and
> > cross-packages bug reports) to make sure it's easily found by
> > others.
>
> I am planning to commit the fixes myself, so you do not need to keep it
> on your long todo list. :)

This paragraph was meant for the “consider such a move” discussion (to
make sure it happens at some point), not for discover fixes, which
should be tracked in bug reports against src:discover(-data).

Mraw,
KiBi.