Re: Jigdo (was "Putting It All On a Stick")

On Wed, 2015-12-30 at 11:09 -0800, Rick Thomas wrote:
> It would be kinda cool if the installer could deal with multiple DVDs
> at once:
>
> Allow people with two or more optical drives to put DVD-1 in one of
> them and DVD-2 in the second (and so on, if necessary/possible) and
> have the installation “just work” with no swapping of disks in
> drives.
>
> Then (the really cool part) if that could be extended to allow
> multiple .iso images (possibly located in a separate partition on the
> same USB stick we booted the installer from) to be mounted as if they
> were actual DVD drives and continue as above…
>
> I have no idea at all what it would take to implement this, it’s Just
> a thought!
>
> Enjoy!
> Rick
>
> PS: Would a wish-list bug against debian-installer be appropriate?

Hi,
	I have been pushing for a complete archive on a usb stick since
old stable (forgotten is name) and nothing has happened so far.

In my frustration I have produced my own and the jigdo's can be found
at http://www.copyleft.co.nz/download.html

The size of the image is ~60 GB and needs to be loaded onto a 64 GB
stick in the usual way.

I discovered the hard way that debian-cd does not produce a fully
functional image suitable for loading on a stick and that some changes
and additions had to be made to the finish-install udeb.

If anyone is interested in the details please contact me.

Phil.

              +64 3 488 2818      Mobile 027 663 4453
   philipc@copyleft.co.nz - personal.    info@copyleft.co.nz - business