Re: Jigdo (was "Putting It All On a Stick")

It would be kinda cool if the installer could deal with multiple DVDs at once:

Allow people with two or more optical drives to put DVD-1 in one of them and DVD-2 in the second (and so on, if necessary/possible) and have the installation “just work” with no swapping of disks in drives.

Then (the really cool part) if that could be extended to allow multiple .iso images (possibly located in a separate partition on the same USB stick we booted the installer from) to be mounted as if they were actual DVD drives and continue as above…

I have no idea at all what it would take to implement this, it’s Just a thought!

Enjoy!
Rick

PS: Would a wish-list bug against debian-installer be appropriate?