Re: On ddebs for udebs

Quoting Cyril Brulebois (kibi@debian.org):
> Hi Niels,
>
> Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> (2015-06-01):
> > There is an existing experimental patch series for debhelper to have it
> > automatically create "ddebs"[1][2].  Currently, it /also/ happens for
> > udebs, which leads me to:
> >
> >  * Is it useful for you to have ddebs generated from udebs?
>
> I don't think so.

The same stands for me.

Still, I haven't followed discussions about ddebs very closely : my
understanding of them is probably the same than Niels' knowledge of
udebs..:-). Still, I understand the basic concepts (providing debug
symobols and debug "stuff" in dedicated packages in a similar way to
what Ubuntu is, IIRC, doing in Launchpad).

And with that understanding, I don't really see how it could be
possible to use these in the D-I context.

> > Please note that I have very little practical experience with udebs and
> > how they are used.  You are doing me a favour if you assume I know less
> > about udebs than you think I do. :)
> >
> >  * If you see no benefit in having ddebs for udebs, please do not
> >    hesitate to let me know.  I am more than happy to disable ddebs for
> >    udebs.
>
> Please wait until some other developers have had a chance to comment,
> though. ;)

The same stands for me (anyone feeling like waving a magic wand to
have Joeyh contributing back to D-I and dh?).