Re: Backport fix for #789600?

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2015-11-26):
> I've pushed a trivial fix for this today, so new unstable/testing
> d-i builds should be more useful for folks on GPT media. What do you
> think about adding this for new Jessie builds? (And how's the best way
> to do that?)

Ah, I initially looked at debian-cd, but that's just debian-installer.
Apart from a missing changelog entry, I'm happy to cherry-pick the said
commit into the jessie branch for a later upload for a point release:
| commit c9e26e4e97b72fefd6c1ea894aba33750fdded53
| Author: Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>
| Date:   Thu Nov 26 16:20:37 2015 +0000
|
|     Add the part_gpt module into the core grub image
|
|     Make it easier for users doing slightly different things with our
|     images; include support for GPT partition tables as well as msdos
|     Closes: #789600

I'm not familiar with this area. Is it sufficient to add it to some
search command to make it available? I mean: will the grub module be
where it's expected, or is some pre-existing copy step needed for that
to work? (I see it's available in various grub-* packages, and a
suitable grub-* package will likely be installed at this point, so I
suppose the addition to the search command might be sufficient, but
let's be sure.)

Mraw,
KiBi.