Re: util-linux: dropping cfdisk-udeb, switching to ncurses

On 2015-07-28 21:45 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> Looking again, I don't see any hits on cfdisk-udeb, only fdisk-udeb.
> [...]
> partitioner:
> ============
>
> Generates its dependency fields this way:
> | ifeq ($(ARCH),mips)
> |         dh_gencontrol -- -Vfdisk:Depends=fdisk-udeb
> | else ifeq ($(ARCH),m68k)
> |         dh_gencontrol -- -Vfdisk:Depends="atari-fdisk-udeb, mac-fdisk-udeb"
> | endif

Which is a bit strange, since partitioner has not been built on m68k for
the last six years.

> It seems to heavily call *disk command, see:
>   main.c
>   scripts/common.sh
>   scripts/mips.sh

At least on some machines, those scripts invoke cfdisk although
partitioner does not depend on cfdisk-udeb.  This code must have been
broken since December 2005, the time cfdisk-udeb was split from
fdisk-udeb.

Is partitioner actually being used anywhere, or have all mips machines
switched to parted long ago like all other architectures?  I suspect the
latter.

Cheers,
       Sven