From: Philip Hands [mailto:phil@hands.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 12:26 PM
To: Drew Weaver <drew.weaver@thenap.com>; 'debian-boot@lists.debian.org' <debian-boot@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Preseed issues with LVM/Keyboard configuration unattended/pxe install

Drew Weaver <drew.weaver@thenap.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have had two persistent issues with preseed in the Debian installer
> and I've been unable to figure out how to correct them for several
> versions.

The way to fix problems of prompts you don't want to see, is to set:

  DEBCONF_DEBUG=5

on the kernel command line, and then when a prompt comes up, flip to the
Ctrl-Alt-F4 console (where the syslog is being displayed) and you're very likely to see something about the name of the question that was just displayed.

You may find the basic settings I use helpful (although I've not spent a lot of effort updating them for jessie, so it may contain irrelevant stuff as well as whatever is needed):

  http://hands.com/d-i/jessie/start.cfg

'partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm' seems like it might be useful to you.

Cheers, Phil.