Re: UEFI PXE step by step instructions?

[ Adding CC to debian-efi for this - we have a mailing for EFI
  stuff...! ]

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 05:20:35PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
>On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 16:43 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 09:30 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
>> > I can't find any references for how to PXE boot UEFI: I find lots of
>> > posts complaining that pxelinux.0 is not compatible with UEFI and not
>> > much more.
>>
>> I've struggled a bit with this recently for work and am still figuring
>[...]
>
>Perhaps I'm over complicating things for your use case and all you
>really need to do is arrange for the
>appropriate ./debian-installer/.../bootnetFOO.efi (from the per-arch
>netboot.tar.gz e.g. [0]) to be next-file for the system in question,
>along with unpacking that netboot.tar.gz at the right place.

I must admit, for all the CD/DVD/USB stuff I've done, I've never tried
UEFI PXE stuff. Some good instructions in the installation manual and
elsewhere would be nice (hint!) if somebody has good knowledge of this.

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Dasmohapatra