Re: Packages to install be default for Stretch

Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org> (2015-05-05):
> I would like to re-evaluate what we change by default for Stretch, that
> is the list of packages with priorities required, important and
> standard.  In general my plan involves installing less, taking into
> consideration that requirements and expectations what should be
> available in containers, chroots, on servers and desktop systems has
> changed (at least IMHO).

FWIW and w/o walking through the whole list right now, I really like the
idea. The init thing was already mentioned in some previous thread(s),
but looking at the whole lot really makes sense to me.

Mraw,
KiBi.