netboot installer step fails when selecting more than one desktop

I don't have jessie installed to do the bug report yet. This is when
installing
jessie 8.0 netboot.

"At the moment, only the core of the system is installed. To tune the
system to
your needs, you can choose to isntall one or more of the following
preconfigured
collections of software.

Choose software to install:

[*] Debian desktop environment
[*] ... GNOME
[*] ... Xfce

I select continue and get a dialog which says Installation Step Failed.
I had no
expectation of this happening, but I guessed it was because two desktops
were
selected, and it worked when I changed my selection to just one desktop.

It also had me wondering what would happen if I selected "Debian desktop
environment" but none of the sub-selections. This should be improved.