Install report with UEFI Debian CD on HP elitebook 840 G1

Hi,

I just received a new laptop so naturally I installed Debian on it.

My steps:

* on the elitebook, update the bios firmware trough the bios setup
* on an other computer, dd the image from
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/efi-development/jessie-upload2/
on a USB stick
* the USB stick appears in the list of boot options (F9). Note that
the computer is in pure uefi without CSM emulation
* install Debian from the usbstick. Everything seems to be recognized
(except wifi that need a non-free firmware)
* on reboot, `debian` now appears on the boot options (F9)
* in the bios setup, configure "custom boot method" with path
"\EFI\debian\grubx64.efi". Also, change the boot order so "custom boot
method" is the first choice

--
Jean PRIVAT, professeur/professor
Département d'informatique/Department of Computer Science

Bureau/Office: PK-4830
Site/Web: http://info.uqam.ca/~privat/