Re: Support for sunxi-based ARM systems in d-i

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 10:09 PM, Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-05-08 at 22:05 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> but for the BENEFIT OF THE DEBIAN PROJECT.  debian-installer is
>> incredibly hard to get properly compiled up: instructions and context
>> entirely missing.
>
> There are daily builds of the installer, which will pick this up once it
> is committed and uploaded, which will be sooner rather than later. I'm
> not interested in documenting how to create some custom version of the
> installer for this platform, there is simply no need for it.

 ian: you misunderstand (again).  by comparison of what you *believe*
i have said and what i have actually said, we may eventually make this
clear.

 let me be clear: i am not interested in "how to create some custom
version of the installer for this platform"

 i am interested in how to create debian installer *AT ALL*.  several
people have tried - very experienced people - and have completely
failed after following available documentation.

 there are absolutely no available step-by-step instructions.

 there is a basic and fundamental assumption that you already know
what you are doing.

 is that clear enough now?

l.