Re: Proposed changes to installer for armhf

On Thu, 2014-04-24 at 19:05 -0400, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Karsten Merker <merker@debian.org> [2014-04-24 22:02]:
> > I have described this limitation in the installation-guide
> > (http://d-i.debian.org/manual/en.armhf/ch02s01.html, section
> > 2.1.2.3.  "Platforms supported by Debian/armhf") and think the
> > advantages of providing all DTBs overall outweigh the disadvantages,
> > as long as the limitations are documented.
>
> I wasn't aware of that change to the manual.  Thanks for doing this,
> Karsten!

Yes, thanks Karsten, the presence of these excellent docs tip me into
the "provide the DTBs" camp I think.

Aside: "EfikaMX" is listed in 2.1.2.4 as no longer supported, but we do
supply a specific image for it using the armmp kernel:
http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/armhf/daily/netboot/efikamx/

If the docs are correct (which I think they are, git grep efika in the
kernel tree shows no DTB support) then it sounds like we should drop
that image? (Hector CCd to confirm)

Ian.