Re: Proposed changes to installer for armhf

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 07:50:07PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:

> Now that armhf only has a single kernel flavour I think we can simplify
> the installer setup a bit.
>
> Firstly by moving the armmp subarch to the top level and secondly by
> dropping the version from the kernel filename. Leading to
>         installer-armhf/201403XX/images/netboot/initrd.gz
>         installer-armhf/201403XX/images/netboot/vmlinuz
> rather than
>         installer-armhf/current/images/armmp/netboot/initrd.gz
>         installer-armhf/current/images/armmp/netboot/vmlinuz-3.13-1-armmp
> (similar for netboot-gtk and network-console).

Hello,

gitorious seems to have problems at the moment (trying to access
the web interface gives "bad gateway", running git clone gives
timeouts).  I therefore cannot look at your repository, so maybe
this is actually a non-issue or handled by your changes, but just
to be sure: AFAICS we still have two armhf kernel flavours, armmp
and armmp-lpae, so we still need the subdirectory structure,
don't we?

> I also think it would be useful to include the DTBs in the installer
> output, since they are needed almost everywhere these days and are
> sometimes not all that easy to get hold of

ACK.

Regards,
Karsten
--
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der