Re: Remaster amd64 iso to include some i386 packages?

ryan <ryan.braun@ec.gc.ca> (2014-02-28):
> Hey guys,  I've created remastered lenny and squeeze install isos for our
> org in the past,  but we've since moved to amd64 as our main platform,  and
> I have some questions about trying to manually create a multiarch iso.
>
> Previously,  I would do a vanilla install,  clean up apt,  then do any
> system updates,  as well as our own packages.  Then pull everything out of
> /var/cache/apt/archives and create a mini repo using dpkg-scanpackages.
> Then define that repo in the preseed file.
>
> This all worked well enough with a single i386 arch,  but I'm wondering if
> apt/dpkg is smart enough for me to do the same with a base amd64 install,
> then enable i386 support?
>
> I'd turn on i386 support and install any additional files via
> preseed/late_command.  But do I need some kind of separate setup/pool for
> the i386 packages?

You probably want to look at reprepro, which lets you handle several
architectures in a single repository:
  http://mirrorer.alioth.debian.org/

It works a bit differently from dpkg-scanpackages, but it's worth the
efforts on the middle/long run.

Mraw,
KiBi.