Re: Installationsproblem on a nvidia system

On Sat, 2014-12-06 at 15:33 +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> Hi Thomas
>
> Thomas Schler <schlert@id.ethz.ch> writes:
[...]
> > My next problem is the network card, because it was not recognized
> by the installation process.
> >
> > The installed network card is Intel (R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM.
> > It is not configured/running. Do you know, how to get the network
> card
> > configured the right way?
>
> I suspect that your device is simply to new for the kernel in the
> current Debian stable release and that some
[...]

I did backport support for i217 models a while ago (Debian 7.5), but
possibly that didn't include this particular one.  Unfortunately I don't
have time to work on backporting more driver updates at the moment.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
If more than one person is responsible for a bug, no one is at fault.