Re: Problem with uefi motherboard.
On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 09:29:50PM -0500, Ryan Larrowe wrote:
> My computer won't boot after a fresh install. Grub says unknown
> file system and starts rescue mode. I've tried searching some posts
> on the issue but none have worked. I have a 200MB efi partition
> that I did not set a mount point for. I read that setting a mount
> point isn't necessary.
A few days ago in another Debian mailinglist 
there was this
* boot with debian-installer-usbstick in UEFI mode
* choose "rescue mode" and answer questions
* open a shell at TTY2 ( switch screen with ALT-F2, switch back with ALT-F1 )
* mount /dev/sda1 /boot/efi
* efibootmgr # to see what your start point is
* grub-install --bootloader-id debian /dev/sda
* efibootmgr # should now show bootloader ID "debian"
Please report your mileage.
Not yet familair with UEFI boot proces,
so I want the expriences of others in the mailinglist archive
Leven en laten leven